PARENTS & TOTS PROGRAM
Parents and Tots program is designed to introduce preschool children (AGE 2-4) to the basics of balance, control and agility skating skills with the assistance of a family member. The family member registering with the child must be at least 16 years of age and complete the separate parent registration. Our goal is to introduce young skaters to the sport of skating in a fun and safe atmosphere, while helping them develop the confidence while learning the 8 basic skills required to ready them for the CanSkate or CanHockey-PrePower program.
Who should join Parents & Tots:
- Children who are 2 to 4 years of age
- Children who require assistance to skate
I am a parent/guardian and I am unable to skate or do not want to participate, what are my options?
- Any family member can complete the parent registration and participate as long as they are at least 16 years of age and are able to skate.
- Your child may also register in the PRECANSKATE PROGRAM which does not include parent participation. Note that our trained program assistants will be available to help your child.
- There are no program fees for the parent participant registering, although there will be a $36 (plus tax - if applicable) for each parent registration as per the Mandatory Skate Canada Membership requirements.