CanSkate is Skate Canada’s Learn-to-Skate flagship program which focuses on fun, participation and basic skill development. Based on Sport Canada’s long term athlete development (LTAD) principles, CanSkate centers on physical literacy and the fundamental skills needed to take part in any ice sport or to skate as a recreational activity. CanSkate curriculum and delivery methods are tested and proven which guarantee skater success in developing stronger basic skills and developing them faster. This program is for beginners or those who are looking to improve their basic skating skills for hockey, figure skating or skating just for fun.
OUR PROGRAM OFFERS:
- Consists of twenty 50 minute sessions
- Taught by NCCP Certified Professional Coaches
- Assisted by trained Program Assistants
- A complete series of Balance, Control and Agility skills that are taught in 6 different stages of learning
- Skaters receive badges, ribbons and other incentives to mark skaters' progress and reward effort and participation
- Lessons are in group format with a coach-to-skater ratio max 1:10
- Skaters are grouped according to level
- Theme days
- All sessions start with a dynamic warm-up on ice that is upbeat, fun, motivating, and offer various intensities in group format prior to dividing into groups for lessons, and ends with a group activity and cool down
Come join us for some fun and safe skating!
CANSKATE PROGRAM SCHEDULE
SUNDAYS 12:40 TO 1:30 PM
The Duke Arena